Thursday, December 10, 2009

PLN 28

In Karl Fisch’s article, "I Read (?) the News Today, Oh Boy," about the video of the online interactive sports illustrated, Sports Illustrated- Tablet Demo 1.5, how we are reading and writing is changing. “The way we interact with “text” is changing,” says Mr. Fisch. What used to be in print is now more accessible and easier online or on your phone. Mr. Fisch quotes Jason Ohler, who says that we have to stop training students to use paper and pencil because it will be irrelevant when we have grown up. I agree with this, because when I want to get a job involving computers I want to be able to know what I am doing and now be thrown into a world that I don’t know what to do with. We are going from mostly pencil and paper to majority digital information. I believe that is the easier way anyway. Why do we have to carry around ten pound textbooks that we open once a night instead of putting it online and being able to access it whenever. I think that the Sports Illustrated is only the beginning of a major switch in documents, from pencil to keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment