Sunday, November 1, 2009

PLN19

I agree with the article “ Don’t, Don’t, Don’t vs. Do, Do, Do” by Will Richardson because I like looking at “dos” and not “do nots.” If we were taught earlier what not to do on the computer then we would already know those restrict when we use computers more regularly. Rules that make you do something instead of restricting you from doing something seem to work better I think. “Do your homework first,” versus “You cant hang out with friends until your homework is finished.” If I heard the second example I wouldn’t do my homework and live with not being able to hang out with friends that day. On the other hand if I heard the first example I would get my homework done as quick as possible and go play. ‘Do nots” also make it seem like you can’t do anything on the computer while “dos” make you look forward to having a computer. “Dos” are much more fun to look at then “do nots” because they show the positives of having a computer.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. We have to shed more light on the positive things in life. This includes technology. If someone sets a rule that won't allow me to do something, I usually have more of a tendancy to want to do it. If your teacher says that you are not allowed to check your e-mail at school, you will want to do it even more. It's human nature. We want what we can't have. I think by focussing on the positive things we can do on the computers at school, it helps us to be more open in using them. In other words, we like to use them more.

    ReplyDelete